Thursday, July 13, 2023

O! Krishna!

O! Krishna! 

When I was just a bamboo shouting in the forest 

I was so proud and swayed in the winds; 

But the chance hole made by the bird or bee 

Became the mouth of crying winds 

And lo! all that came out of me was noise and howling. 

But the time passed and I lost all my aggrandizing ego 

And fell at your feet realising that I was just a bamboo. 

But you took me in your hands 

And made a flute out of what was remaining as me, 

A just bamboo stick fallen flat; 

But what a miracle you did! 

Not the flute, but how such a flute out of what was me !

And when you played the flute that was once me, a fallen stick, 

What cosmic melody! and what subtle worlds of meaning! 

Music sublime, how was it possible? 

What a miracle you did out of me, 

A fallen stick! 

Srirangam Mohanarangan 

***

4 comments: