Saturday, July 29, 2023

Book in my heart..

O! Krishna! 

It is better I read 

Your book in my heart 

What you have written there 

Through my cries and joys 

Through my darkness and light 

In the blood of my experience. 

I somehow close that book 

And begin to believe all the books outside. 

At last what you have written in my heart 

Surfaces and stands true the tests of time. 

Scriptures outside pass through 

times, hands and moods. 

We have to do a lot of hermeneutics 

To arrive at what you said at first; 

There again we blurr and lead astray 

Our pen of decipher. 

we are too good in losing; 

we are too fragile in facing the truth; 

we believe in falsehoods 

and try to tutor the truth to follow suit; 

again, again we crash down 

to our barest minimum 

only to smuggle up afresh; 

Ignorance is our happy game; 

but it has become our sorry bane. 

Ignorance keeps us thrilled 

lurking in endless waste; 

But ignorance! that is one thing you cannot; 

somehow that gives me a kick to think of. 

You were waiting for me to give up all nonsense 

But I have come to you with all my stock of it. 

I do not know how to do my homework; 

you have to take me up in your hands. 

Srirangam Mohanarangan 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment