Saturday, July 15, 2023

Mysticism of my ignorance ...

O! Krishna! 

Every day the life moves on. 

What all I did till yesterday 

Is now thrusting forward. 

Karma is having its momentum. 

But I am craving for your grace. 

For what? Is it to escape 

this accumulated force edging from inside out, 

back towards future? 

Is it to escape from what I did? 

I do not know, just like 

I did not know fully 

What I was doing when I was doing. 

I am now in ignorance when I pray 

As I was in ignorance when I was doing 

Many things; 

Ignorance is not that I was not aware 

But aware and unaware, 

Knowing a bit 

Knowing not other things; 

From ignorance to ignorance 

I creep through time, just as a reptile. 

But I do not tell you all these 

To justify or plead my case; 

This is what has been, 

What is happening 

And perhaps what may be continuing; 

I call you Krishna. 

Do I know who are you fully? 

No. Except for some stories and ideas 

Picked up while growing; 

You may perhaps laugh 

when I tell you all those things; 

But the comprehensive whole, 

conscious and caring and forgiving 

is how I think about you, 

when I call you Krishna. 

You may not be having 

any peacock feather 

any flute, any blue colour, 

Or you may be all colours 

or beyond any colour; 

But you are the all comprehensive whole 

conscious and caring and forgiving 

is all that I know. 

This knowledge I got 

through my ignorance, 

necessity of my imperfections, 

and the unknown fate hanging 

as death and beyond; 

My ignorance has taught me; 

My hopes have assured me; 

My fates have authorised 

This knowledge about you. 

Not through Vedanta I have come to know you 

But through my own ignorance 

and hope and fate. 

Myths may change 

beliefs may go 

But the mysticism of my ignorance, 

Hope and fate can never falsify me. 

This mysticism - is the offshoot of the same earth 

which has given birth to me,

an ignorant being of earth. 

Srirangam Mohanarangan 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment