Monday, July 17, 2023

Your smile, a parallax?

O! Krishna! 

Sometimes I feel 

I should have pitched my goal 

Somewhere visibly 

Rather than up there beyond 

in some unspecified reach. 

Mathematics was growing in my love; 

Physics theory was catching me once; 

Visible goals give you pep 

When reached and after; 

But this beyond is always a non-starter 

In your backyard 

But all the time bewitches you to get in 

And gives you illusions of super-reaches; 

Sort of a drug? who knows? 

Even now if I get in 

I forget all these grievings 

And bless me for the choice and perseverance. 

But, one has to see somethings tangible you know! 

Sowing in the unseen, reaping in the beyond, 

Tasting the transcendent, 

But the being's stomach is resolutely stoic. 

Either the transcendent becomes tangible 

Or the concrete becomes the abstract, 

If neither is possible, 

Then is your smile just a parallax ? 

Srirangam Mohanarangan 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment