Thursday, May 02, 2019

To Vivekananda

It is very easy to criticise
Oh! Great Master !
But only when one starts working
one will understand how difficult
and how thankless 
the inimitable work you wrought.
I feel shameful for the many moments
I dared try refuting you
in my mind.
You would have been amused
all the while by my boyish pranks.
But day by day
I am seeing your form universal;
Like Arjun I will never ask you
to collapse the vision;
for you are natural
and native only in that universal form;
how then you were able to
dwarf-dwell in the mortal coil
then all along !
Your words reverberate
in all force
as if just now spoken
and the meanings are becoming
deeper and deeper;
I bless my childhood days
when I was play-acting
your Chicago speech
grabbing all clothes
coming at hand red and ochre;
yea childish, of course
but I bless those days
often by my deep breaths;
you energized our Bharath!
the mighty nation is on and on !
Narendra!
King of humans!
Bestow on us
Viveka and Ananda;
ennobling intellect
and eternal bliss.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment