Sunday, October 13, 2013

Observations of Srirangam V Mohanarangan 5

Philosophy, science, religion and poetry have long consumed my interest, life and involvement rather than the society. As a result I find myself poor in the areas of social interests and cares. Perhaps I could have chosen differently and involved myself in social reconstruction. But why I chose what I have chosen eludes me. I am not sorry about my choice. But more and more when I realise the importance of social reconstruction and when I become more and more aware of the maladies of the past and more so of the present and the future, I doubt sometimes in what way all my philosophy and in depth study of metaphysical subjects is going to be relevant and meaningful in the evolving contexts. I have a philosophy of my own, which I will write some day. But a weighing dejection sets on me occasionally, what is all these worth and more so what my philosophy is going to be worth. But I have to be what I am, what balance of worth may ticker my edge of time.

***


I was thinking about J Krishnamurthi's saying - 'Truth is a pathless land.' And I was thinking about the Name of Sriman Narayana in Sri Vishnu Sahasranama, viz., 'Yoga:'. He is the supreme goal to be attained. And he himself is the Way, Yoga: of attaining it.

And while I was going through one of the twelve volumes of 'M, the Apostle and the Evangelist', tr from original Bengali book by Swami Nityatmananda, I came across this from the mouth of M, where he reminiscences about Sri Thakur (Sri Ramakrishna).

"M :- Thakur told us, 'Once I felt the desire to go to a limitless tract of land to see how the animals and birds live there. While returning from my native place I got down the bullock cart and ran towards a field. I saw that in the middle of this vast expanse rows of ants were moving holding a piece of paddy in their mouth.'..'Just see, how He preserves the whole universe. He has arranged all kinds of food for all - for the gross, the subtle and the causal bodies.' (pp247, Volume IX, M, the Apostle and the Evangelist, Sri Ma Trust)

Somehow the inter-textuality rings overtones on contemplating about it. Truth, the pathless land is also the Providence taking care of.

Yoga: Yogavidam Netaa

He remains the Way and the Leader

***

Can you become an occidental of occidentals in your spirit of equality, freedom, work, and energy, and at the same time a Hindu to the very backbone in religious culture and instincts? This is to be done and we will do it. You are all born to do it.

Vivekananda

*

This statement is very pregnant with implications. Thinking over and over on that lets me into his august calibre and deep vision.

*


Is there anybody ready to emboss a significant saying in real gold?

If there is one, this is the saying for him --

No man, no nation, my son, can hate others and live. India's doom was sealed the very day they invented the word Mlechchha and stopped from communion with others.

Vivekananda

***

Perfect life is a contradiction in terms. Therefore we must always expect to find things not up to our highest ideal. Knowing this we are bound to make the best of everything.

Vivekananda.

Life means imperfect. If made perfect, life will not be life. Perfect by its own standard or by what standard? So the highest ideal, does it come out of life itself or our of reading and understanding? So the Ideal and the Perfect is conceptual but may not be totally Real. Is it? Is it a sustaining 'Differance' between Idealism and Realism?

And the practicality is to make life as much near to the Ideal and the Perfect. Is it so?

***

No comments:

Post a Comment